Farm Fresh Flavors is an invaluable guide for anyone wishing to cook and eat better. Whether you grow your own food, get your groceries from a CSA, love to shop at farmer's markets or just want to eat more fresh food the book will help you. An encyclopedia of more than 500 recipes arranged A to Z. Each chapter will outline a single item and show you how to get the most out of it. Preparation, recipes, storage and preservation are mapped out for the home cook.
You will learn:
- The definition and characteristics of each food.
- Multiple techniques for preparing the food.
- Ways to preserve and extend the shelf life of food.
- Why farm fresh food is a better choice for healthy eating.
- How to connect with local farmers and how it can bring significance to your life.
- Recipes are innovative yet contain accessible ingredients and simple directions.
For anyone desiring a personal relationship with the food they eat and the people who grow it "Farm Fresh Flavors" is a valuable and vital resource.